The 45th International Association for Educational Assessment Annual Conference abstract submission now open.
The Submission of Conference papers starts on December 15, 2018.
Conference theme: Assessment and Decision-Making: Individual and Institutional solutions
The use of assessment data for decision-making has been one of the questions of validity debate in the area and providing a platform for presenting solutions on either an individual learner level or organizational scope is our motivation and contribution for the increased assessment practices. Therefore, we would like to offer an international platform for stakeholders (examining bodies, university departments, research organizations, and government agencies) involved in different areas of educational assessment, university admissions, and workforce assessments (recruitment in civil service or private sector).
Abstract submissions will open on Saturday 1st December 2018. Please log in once the registration is open, to create your profile and submit abstract. Abstract submissions will close on Wednesday 1st May 2019 at midnight (GMT).
The Scientific Committee welcomes submissions from all registered delegates on the following sub-topics:
- Use of assessment in decision-making
- Reliability and validity of assessments in decision-making
- Assessment techniques for better decision-making practices
- Assessment as an institutional reforming tool in education and civil service
- Opportunities and challenges in admission testing and recruitment policies of public and private sector
- The Application of Competency Model in Human Resource Management
- Creating value-added measures for better predictions
- The future of assessment instruments in university admissions and civil service selection
- Assessment as an innovation tool in the education system and good governance
- Assessment data and decision making responsibility
- E-assessments and technology-advanced platforms
- Operational/operations research themes in educational and workforce assessments
Submissions are to be evaluated in terms of:
- Interest to IAEA members
- Relevance to current assessment issues in research and/or practice
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Clarity of expression