The 2019 Frances Ottobre Distinguished Student Scholarship is now open for applications. The award will support attendance at the 2019 IAEA Conference hosted by The State Examination Centre of the Republic of Azerbaijan, 22-27 September 2019 at Baku, Azerbaijan. The scholarship will consist of a maximum stipend of USD 2500 to cover travel, subsistence and conference registration costs. The scholarship award is open to all graduate students in the field of educational assessment. The winner will be selected based on the eligibility, the quality of the research and its relevance to education and the strength of the faculty recommendation. The deadline for receipt of scholarship applications is April 17, 2019.
Eligible candidates must be students, in the early stage of their career, enrolled full-time in a doctoral degree programme in educational measurement or educational assessment, or a closely related field.
The candidate should fill out the following information:
- Email address
- Postal address, including street address, city, state or province, and country
- Graduate institution
- Name of the graduate degree program
- Name of faculty advisor
The candidate should also send as electronic attachments:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter from a faculty advisor attesting to the candidate’s academic accomplishments and verifying enrollment as a doctoral student in educational measurement or educational assessment, or a closely related field. The letter should include e-mail and phone number of the advisor
- Paper authored or co-authored by the candidate on a topic related and relevant to the educational assessment
- If available, a written endorsement from a primary or individual member of IAEA. (The faculty-advisor recommendation and IAEA-member endorsement may be from the same individual if that individual, or his or her institution, is an IAEA member.) Preference will be given to candidates that present an IAEA-member endorsement.
The 2019 Frances Ottobre Distinguished Student Scholarship award will be made based on eligibility, the strength of the faculty recommendation, and the quality and relevance to the educational assessment of the submitted paper or presentation.
For more information: https://www.iaea.info/the-iaea-2018-frances-m-ottobre-distinguished-student-scholarship/